The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has just completed a major review of global climate research – its fifth assessment report (AR5).
The report is split into three sections. The first two instalments cover the science and impacts of climate change. The third part looks at policies to cut global greenhouse gas emissions. The IPCC also produces a synthesis report, drawing all the research together.
We’ve covered each instalment in detail. Here’s a catalogue of Carbon Brief’s summaries, guides, and analyses of the IPCC’s fifth assessment report.
Working group 1: The science
- Carbon Brief’s guide to the IPCC report
- The IPCC report: A summary for everyone
- IPCC: Six graphs that explain how the climate is changing
- What the new IPCC report says about sea level rise
- What the IPCC report says about extreme weather events
- What the new IPCC report means for Europe
- Carbon briefing: Making sense of the IPCC’s new carbon budget
Working group 2: The impacts of climate change
- The IPCC’s report on the impacts of climate change: A summary for everyone
- The impacts of climate change, in three charts: A visual summary of the IPCC’s Working Group 2 report
- How much flooding is in the UK’s future? A look at the IPCC report
- Risk, resilience and honeybees: Scientists’ views on the new IPCC report
- ‘Climate change poses risks for human and natural systems’: Key quotes from the IPCC’s Working Group 2 report
Working group 3: Taking action
- What’s mitigation? A short and straightforward summary of the IPCC’s latest report
- Not just another climate report: main messages from the UN report on tackling emissions
- The what, when and where of global greenhouse gas emissions: A visual summary of the IPCC’s climate mitigation report
- Degrees of change: the IPCC’s projections for future temperature rise
- Climate fixes and Plan Bs: The IPCC’s guide to staying below two degrees of global warming
- IPCC review of farming and forests leaves key questions about effect on climate change “unresolved”
- Tackling global warming could slow global growth – by 0.06 per cent, IPCC predicts
- Calculating damages: How much will climate change cost?
- Briefing: What’s new and interesting in the IPCC synthesis report
- The IPCC synthesis report: A summary for everyone
- 10 charts illustrating the IPCC’s report, from rising emissions to transforming the energy sector
- Why the IPCC synthesis report is necessary but not sufficient to secure a response to climate change
- How the IPCC is sharpening its language on climate change
- From RCP to WG3: A climate change acronym cheat sheet
- How to read the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s reports
- Analysis: How UK newspapers covered the IPCC’s report on the impacts of climate change
- How TV news covered the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s three big reports
- Three graphs breaking down media coverage of the IPCC’s big report
- The IPCC’s untapped resource: the frequently asked questions
Expert analysis directly to your inbox.